Monday, January 14, 2013

Cooking with Tea


      If you think tea is only for drinking, think again! You’d be surprised at how cooking with tea can enhance the flavor of foods, making a meal truly memorable. The many varieties of tea, whether green, white or black, and flowery, earthy or spicy, contribute subtle aromas and delicate flavors to many wonderful but not necessarily complicated dishes. You can use brewed tea in place of water in many recipes and you can also use tea leaves directly in your dishes. I personally have not tried cooking with tea but I discovered it is totally doable and quite a fun culinary adventure! Being in culinary school this makes me think about all the different ways I could use tea leaves in my food. Next time I'm playing around in the kitchen I'm gonna give it a try! 
Here's a picture of silver needle tea leaves crusted onto pan seared scallops in this fresh summer salad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment