Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Molecular Gastronomy

        Have any of you heard of molecular gastronomy? Just recently, I was introduced to it by my sister's husband. He is a chef up in Seattle, WA. He graduated from the Art Institute in the culinary program. This last summer I was up visiting them with my girlfriend and one of the mornings I got up early and was looking at his books! He loves culinary books. And one of the books that I found was called Alinea. It was the coolest book I have ever seen. The food in there looked so incredible! In reading through it and looking at the pictures I found it was a cookbook from the restaurant Alinea, located in Chicago.





    This restaurant specializes in molecular gastronomy. I had to look up what that meant. Basically it is the science of breaking food down to a molecular level. Later I asked my sister's husband about it and he told me all about molecular gastronomy. I was insanely impressed. I decided that when I open a restaurant in the future, I want to tie in the old fashioned way of cooking with the new way of cooking and molecular gastronomy. Imagine taking classic french food and putting a twist on it with molecular gastronomy?

No comments:

Post a Comment