Monday, January 7, 2013

My favorite drink

       So, tea is like my favorite drink. Even more than coffee. It's wonderful! However, I'm sorta stuck in a rut as to what new teas I should try. I found a new favorite tea shop recently! It's called Xian Tea, located in Bellevue, WA. My sister found this tea shop while she was attending college at Washington State University. She often made trips to Bellevue and that's how she found Chinese Tea Lady's shop. After she found it, she called me up and got me to come visit her so we could go check it out. I was like a little kid in a candy store! So much tea! It was really cool! The lady was awesome and she told us to call her "Chinese Tea Lady." She learned our names and the next time we went she remembered them! It was awesome!
        One of her favorite things was to have us come in the back where she had a fancy hand carved tea table and she would bring out the newest teas she had and we would sit and drink tea all afternoon. It was really cool and the lady was wonderful. She always sent us home with her favorite teas and even gave us a jar of our favorite, Ginseng Oolong, which was her most expensive tea, for free!
         The part that I thought was the coolest is that Chinese Tea Lady would travel all the time and on her travels she would hand pick her teas and bring them back to her shop to sell. It was awesome! She always picked the nicest leaves and would dry them out herself before coming home and selling them. My sister and I always knew we were getting the highest quality of tea. Slightly expensive but it was worth it to us and we enjoyed going to her shop. By far my favorite tea place ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment