Monday, January 14, 2013

Most Expensive Tea in the World





         So I did some research on what the most expensive tea in the world is and where it comes from. I was kinda shocked! The most expensive tea in the world comes from panda poop! And no, I'm not kidding! A man in Sichuan Province decided to grow tea, but from panda poop! Panda's only eat bamboo. Apparently their bodies only ingest about 30% of the nutrients found in bamboo. So what happens to the other 70%? It's found in their poop! So the tea leaves that are fertilized with it are extremely valuable and healthy! One cup of tea using the leaves produced in this manor costs $200. It really is a great idea when you think about it! The man who came up with the idea wanted to find a use for all the waste. So in a way it's the ultimate way of recycling! Pretty cool if you ask me! And profitable! I don't know that I will ever be able to afford that tea. I would try it though if given the chance! 

1 comment:

  1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak

    They make coffee and beer the same way! Yummmmm!

    ReplyDelete